songs in my rotation, that should be in yours. Videos begin in June 2006 Archive... Video killed the MTV star!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

4th Rotation - Feeling Raunchy

There are times you just feel a little raunchy, raw, and in the mood (and not just the James Moody kinda way). Here are some picks just for those moments:

1) Nine Inch Nails - Closer
I wanna F*U like an animal. Does it get any more raw than that? Reminds me of those nights hanging out at the Phoenix Nightclub in Toronto. Friday nights practically sitting in the bass bin @ the Bovine Sex Club in the early 90s.

2) Edwyn Collins - A Girl Like You
I can't believe this hit was off the film Empire Records from 1994 . It just didn't seem that long ago. That was probably one of the first movies to have the soundtrack commercially do better than the movie. This song is one of my all time favs, and Edwyn's voice spews raunchiness. I understand that Edwyn had a severe brain haemorraghe last year and is recovering in rehab.

3) Ministry - Jesus Built My Hotrod
Cowritten by Gibby Hanes from the Butthole Surfer (Look dad, Todd's [or Rod's] a surfer). Great tune to get the juices flowing. Though this song also fits in my "Driving with Road Rage" category. My Hotrod was probably built in Asia. ;)

4) The Cardigans - My Favourite Game
This swedish group ain't your mamma's Abba. This song also is nothing like their popular hit "Love Fool". It was just very strange to have that softpop song get so big. They were a metal band. This song is also on my all time favourite list. There's something about Nina Persson's voice that does something to me. Especially when accompanied by a raunchy guitar riff.

5) Al Green - I'm Still in Love With You
Not to get him confused with the Democratic Congressman. This was another song that had a huge revival because of Pulp Fiction. He's from the same cut as James Brown or a Sam Cooke. Soulful and playful song that will help you get it on.

6) Marvin Gaye - Let's Get it On
Speaking of getting it on. This song completely speaks for itself. No way you're gonna turn off the lights without turning on some Marvin Gaye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter