songs in my rotation, that should be in yours. Videos begin in June 2006 Archive... Video killed the MTV star!

Thursday, March 09, 2006

6th Ro - Klinck Clank Clunk

I remeber the good 'ol days on boxing day where Mr. Industrial Head would bring me downtown to the line up at the record shops. He'd be heading straight to the industrial section (some days I swore he was German) while I'm looking through the top 40 stuff, possibly some classic house and hell even some freestyle (I'm not ashamed to admit that... maybe I'll have to bring it up in the future).

Fully admiting that I know very little (especially in comparison to Mr Indy Head) about Industrial Music and it's many bastards, I am surprised some of the following were left out:

1) Cabaret Voltaire - I want you
Classic, original, something you can somewhat understand and contains a dance factor in it.

2) Throbbing Gristle - United
The ultimate grand -daddy of Industrial. Weren't they the group that invented the term Industrial? I picked United only cause thats the only thing I could remember from them that actually had lyrics.

3) Apoptygma Berzerk - Until The End of The World
Again, not that I'm familar with the category, but easily my favourite EBM/Synth/FuturePop (whatever category they fit under). Imagine Depeche Mode if they stayed the same in the 90s.

4) My Life With The Thrill Kill Cult - Sex On Wheels
The only song out of all of everything listed that had any commercial success I think. This song was off the "Cool World" soundtrack. Hmm another movie where the soundtrack probably faired better than the movie. However, that was one of the best soundtracks ever. What an awesome lineup: David Bowie, Thomson Twins, Ministry, The Cult, Moby, Future Sound of London, Brian Eno. I hope I can find that tape somewhere. Then I'd have to find a tape deck!

5) Front Line Assembly - Mind Phaser
Sound German to me. Klink Klink Clunk? Are you ready to dance Franz?

6) 1000 Homo Djs - Supernaut
"Practially every one of the top 40 records being played
on every radio station in the United States is a communication
to the children to take a trip, to cop out, to groove. The
psychedelic jackets on the record albums have their own hidden
symbols and messages as well as the lyrics to all the
top rock songs and they all sing the same refrain: It's fun
to take a trip, put acid in your veins."

Yup.
Ok, enough clanking for one night, my head hurts. I'll have to take two asprins and call it a day. I have a party to plan for, I'm inviting Rudy Ratzinger, Robert Smith and Morrisey. That should be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Counter